Important Topics: Promote Us Chatango

• [OFFICIAL] YG Princes General Rules
  • [DISC] What should YG Princes new forum name be?
  • [OFFICIAL] Username Changes
  • [NOTICE Regarding Posting Team B
  • [PROJECT] Wings of WINNER Debut Support Project

YG Princes Network
    Facebook - Tumblr - Twitter - WordPress

Subbing Channels
    YouTube - Dailymotion - Facebook

• Forum PoliciesActive TopicsTop 10 Overall Posters

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

[DISC] YG Princes' New Forum Name?
    ramyun
     Posted: Sep 8 2013, 12:29 PM
    Administrator

Team: A

Hello everyone!

We will eventually be moving forums, hopefully to IPB in the future, so the staffies were thinking whether you all wanted a new name for our forums or whether you like our current name, YG Princes?

Please list out your suggestions below (& meanings behind them, if there are any!)

We'll open up a poll in the future for everyone to vote!

Suggestions:
    >YG Princes : WINNER International Fanclub
    >YG Champs
    >YG Aces
    >YG Victors
    >Golden YG
    >YG WINNERS
    >WINNER Aces
    >WIN Me Over

PM
    Hyeji
     Posted: Sep 16 2013, 09:12 PM
    Members

Team: N/A

I definitely think the forum needs a new name. It's hard to think of an exact name that would reflect the group since we don't know the exact turn out of the group yet, but something with the word WIN or WINNER in it would be good. smile.gif

Sorry that I don't have an exact name suggestion.
    PM
    xanneTOP
     Posted: Sep 16 2013, 10:59 PM
    Global Moderator

Team: OT11

how about YG Champs ? or YG Aces or YG Victors kkk

YG Princes sounds good to me already. it's just that it's pronounced same as 'princess' so kinda awkward. hihi

PMWebsite
    sim0ndick
     Posted: Sep 17 2013, 09:03 AM
    Designer

Team: B

I do really like the current name, YG Princes, why don't you just add "WINNER International Fanclub" as subtitle?

PM
    ChoomTOP
     Posted: Sep 17 2013, 09:46 AM
    Global Moderator

QUOTE (sim0ndick @ Sep 17 2013, 11:03 AM)
    I do really like the current name, YG Princes, why don't you just add "WINNER International Fanclub" as subtitle?

I agree with you! I mean, once their concept comes out, we'll see if the "princely" image holds up. Definitely a sub-header would be awesome to point to "WINNER" as the group name~

YG Aces sounds cool too~

PMWebsite
    ChoomTOP
     Posted: Sep 17 2013, 06:44 PM
    Global Moderator

Someone on OH messaged me and suggested these ( I like Alumnus the best :3) :

YG Neophyte's, YG Colt, YG GI's, YG Apostle, YG Alumnus , YG Mavericks
    PMWebsite
    ramyun
     Posted: Sep 17 2013, 08:12 PM
    Administrator

Does that person even know what those words mean? Lol

Just looked these up and:

Neophyte - a person who is new to a subject, skill, or belief. (beginner, novice, newcomer)

Apostle - each of the twelve chief disciples of Jesus Christ. (Are we going to be religious? Because I think that may cause a backlash with fans that don't believe in Jesus...)

Alumnus means graduate or something of the likes

Mavericks - an unorthodox or independent-minded person. (Nonconformist, free-spirited, etc. but I think this word is used mainly as an insult but idrk)

How should we justify those names if we're going to use them though?

PM
    ChoomTOP
     Posted: Sep 17 2013, 08:20 PM
    Global Moderator

LOL i have no idea...just sent them to me as suggestions~ xD i hope they joined at least~
    Hmm...for Alumnus maybe relating to us being 'updated' (learning) about WINNER -> graduating? xD

Oh yeah, GI's as in relating to the US army...makes us sound tough rawr

user posted image

Edit: I was thinking of letters from the Greek alphabet ( Delta = change in science ) but has to make sense with WINNER as a group (sounds cool)
    PMWebsite
    myB.Ias
     Posted: Sep 18 2013, 12:22 AM
    Designer

In my opinion YG princes does sound a bit unfitting??? I really do like YG Champs though--that one is really nice (:

PM
    xanneTOP
     Posted: Sep 18 2013, 12:53 AM
    Global Moderator

There was a comment on fanclub name discussion that it would be smoother for Ace as fanclub name if team A won. (A for Aces)

So i just thought, since I suggested Aces, Champs and Victors, we can decide using that logic too ㅋㅋㅋ

If Team A won - A for Aces
    If Team B won - B for Victors (lol B sounds close to V, in a way.. haha)
    Plot twist, both won, so Team C - C for Champs

What do you guys think?

PMWebsite
    myB.Ias
     Posted: Sep 18 2013, 03:11 AM
    Designer

For some reason I think YG's gonna debut both of them LOL I think YG Champs would be a really good name cause not only does it represent both teams but because I have this feeling in my gut that YG's gonna debut both--do i make sense??

PM
    xanneTOP
     Posted: Sep 18 2013, 03:28 AM
    Global Moderator

QUOTE (myB.Ias @ Sep 18 2013, 05:11 PM)
    For some reason I think YG's gonna debut both of them LOL I think YG Champs would be a really good name cause not only does it represent both teams but because I have this feeling in my gut that YG's gonna debut both--do i make sense??

I think YG will debut both of these groups. But the question is, will they debut as 1 group at the same time? 2 groups at the same time? 2 groups at different times?

My only concern is I don't want any group to be labeled the loser just because of a 'contest' like this.. *sobs*

PMWebsite
    myB.Ias
     Posted: Sep 18 2013, 03:38 AM
    Designer

QUOTE (xanneTOP @ Sep 18 2013, 01:28 AM)

I think YG will debut both of these groups. But the question is, will they debut as 1 group at the same time? 2 groups at the same time? 2 groups at different times?

My only concern is I don't want any group to be labeled the loser just because of a 'contest' like this.. *sobs*

Yah I dont want people saying that they're pulling an "exo" lol but at the same time if they debut as 1 whole group, its gonna be difficult dividing singing/rapping parts for each member --
    And I think YG's doing this contest show thing in order for the trainees to become more popular..?

PM
    xanneTOP
     Posted: Sep 18 2013, 03:50 AM
    Global Moderator

QUOTE (myB.Ias @ Sep 18 2013, 05:38 PM)

Yah I dont want people saying that they're pulling an "exo" lol but at the same time if they debut as 1 whole group, its gonna be difficult dividing singing/rapping parts for each member --
    And I think YG's doing this contest show thing in order for the trainees to become more popular..?

well, I don't really care if it'll be called "pulling an exo" when YG decided to fuse the 2 teams into 1 group. it is not like 'exo' has a copyright for having 2 groups in one team name.. lol

but, I care about the division of singing/rapping parts. 4 swesome rappers.. how are u going to squeeze their talents in one song? lol

PMWebsite
     Posted: Sep 21 2013, 07:21 AM
    Members

Team: N/A

I've read all the comments and for me, I think YG Princes is already good. We have Bigbang for YG Kings lol And I think Aces is already being use by blackjacks (they have a subbing team called royalaces at YGladies).
    PM
    0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

| Mark Board Read | Delete Cookies